This release is a recommended upgrade with a few new features and bug fixes. The new software Upgrader will be available on the Hughes BGAN support page at http://www.bgan.hughes.com.
Alternatively, the software can be downloaded over the air from the Inmarsat upgrade server by using the Remote SMS feature and the ATCO command _IGETFW.
Before using the Web UI from a computer that accessed a 9502 running an earlier release, clear the browser cache to ensure the enhancements to the web pages are displayed correctly.
Release Notes for 184.108.40.206 (Since 220.127.116.11)
- New enhanced security feature allows the user to lock the UT so that it cannot be accessed locally. The Enhanced Security feature must be enabled by entering a feature code (obtainable from the service provider) on the new Features page under the Settings tab. The user can then configure the security password on the new Enhanced Security page which is accessible via a link on the Security page. When the feature is active, each time the UT starts up, the password must be entered before the user interface can be accessed. End to end user data is not affected by the feature.
- Added the ACA web page to support automatic context activation for multiple PDP contexts. The page supports both static and dynamic ACA. Static ACA entries are for specific addresses rather than ranges. The context will be set up for the configured static IP address regardless of whether it is seen by the UT.
- Added support for standard clock AT command: at+cclk. This returns the current UTC time.
- Added IP address option to ACTIVATE and DEACTIVATE remote control SMS commands to allow the control of PDP contexts via IP address.
- BGAN Protocol Stack version 2.4.7 which includes XL band support and site switch recovery fixes.
Enhancements and Bug Fixes
- Sleep mode fix to prevent (rare) reboots when the unit exits sleep mode.
- Allow the 2nd octet of the UT IP address to be 0.
- DHCP fix to allow a TE that is disconnected in Relay mode to get the same IP address when it reconnects.
- Allow longer user name and passwords in ATCO commands. (Increased from 15 to 63 characters.)